Tuesday, January 5, 2016

box marked fragile 2


I am a box marked fragile
I am sitting on your porch
ready to be opened
it's cold here in the rain
now, I don't mean to complain
but this is not what I was hoping

this duct tape isn't holding
I packed all these memories
so many you can't count them
if you open up your door
I won't need them anymore
help me throw them out

       I can be strong
       I know I can
       I just need a little help
       this box contains
       a broken man
       help him save himself

I am a box marked fragile
my destination is
to your open arms
I don't know how you feel
but I'm the real deal
honey, I ain't no false alarm

          I can be strong
          I know I will
          I just need a trusting hand
          to help me up until
          I get the strength to stand

I am a box marked fragile
I am all beaten up
battered through and through
but once you let me in
the healing can begin
and I'll be good as new
I'll be good as new


No comments:

Post a Comment