Sunday, January 10, 2016

I ain't no doctor


So things have not been going well for a while and I went to the doctor who prescribed my old friend Clonazepam for anxiety and Friday afternoon I started seeing a counselor.

You're taking some positive steps, farmboy.

Thanks, man.

How do you think the counseling went?

It went well for a first visit. We talked bout the fuckin' job, medications, how some of my, uh, behaviors (my word, not his) are similar to the, uh, symptoms of bipolar disorder. Or something like that. Which is interesting. I listened to this Stuff You Should Know podcast about the bipolar stuff I should know and there are a lot of similarities. But I really don't think I should be self-diagnosing. I mean, I ain't no doctor, you know? But I am gonna talk to my doctor about this because there are medications for bipolar disorder things.

Which...could be helpful?

I don't know. I don't know, really, about any of this. Just what I heard from my counselor and a podcast, that's all. I suppose I'll consult Wikipedia at some point. (laughs)

Let me know what's going on, farmboy. Keep me in the loop...

...as they say...

...as they say. I've been concerned lately, farmboy. I'm glad to hear that you're getting help. Some place around your school?

Just a few blocks away, man. Right by the McDonald's and a cool dispensary to buy weed at. This is just fuckin' meant to be, dude.


No comments:

Post a Comment