Sunday, October 8, 2017

all these words


there's all these words
that can't be heard
by my ears anymore
without triggering me
into some history
I've been through before
don't say anything friendly 
'cause I've heard it a million times
they're all just lies, you see
to cover up the fact
that you don't like me

there's all these dreams
all way too big
I know they'll cause me grief and
a lot of misery
get it off of me
or I'm going to leave and
watch nothing on TV
but game shows I can't win
don't call me your friend
I know you don't like me

there's all these thoughts
that should be shot
with my old BB rifle
I try to calm them down
keep them underground
make sure they're stifled
but they rise up again
like a gulf coast hurricane
I'll take the blame
I know you don't like me

there's all these words
that can't be heard
or I turn psychopathic
hand me the tissues
I've got more issues
than National Geographic
someday when the coast is clear
I might give myself a break
it may be a mistake
but I've got what it takes
even if you don't like me


No comments:

Post a Comment