Saturday, October 7, 2017

from across the street, rewrite three


the life I'm supposed to live
is across the street
I see you but I make sure
our eyes never meet
I can see the windows
were moonlight would stream in
when I was the magnet
of your touch, skin upon skin
I wish I could be again

I still see our boys
from across the street
showing off on skateboards
and the language that they speak
I can see your face
in the expressions that they wear
I can feel a love
that I once believed was shared
guess it was never really there

         what I recall
         I see it all
         from across the street

I see your new friends
from across the street
each one a new replacement
for the sorry likes of me
I hate every one of them
with all the rage inside me
I'm a ticking time bomb
and you're right there beside me
just waiting to ignite me

the man I deserve to be
is across the street
all my history 
is across the street
there's no place for me
across the street
but you can't erase me
across the street


No comments:

Post a Comment