Friday, October 6, 2017

from across the street, rewrite two


the life I used to live
is across the street
I see you walking in and out
but our eyes never meet
I see the doors and windows
were moonlight would come in
when I was the magnet
of your touch upon my skin
I wish I could be again

I still see our boys
from across the street
showing off on skateboards
day to day
week to week
I can see your face
inside each one of their's
I can feel a love
that I once believed was shared
that was never really there

         what I recall
         I see it all
         from across the street

I see your new friends
from across the street
each one a new replacement
for the sorry likes of me
I hate every one of them
with all the rage inside me
I'm a ticking time bomb
and you're right there beside me
just waiting to ignite me

the man I used to be
is across the street
all my history 
is across the street
there's no place for me
across the street
but you can't erase me
from across the street


No comments:

Post a Comment