Thursday, December 7, 2017

forevermore 3


it's different now
you're on the west side of the river
in a big shiny building
that always looks brand new
winter's coming
it's so cold that I could shiver
when I think about the changes
from the world we once knew
still, it might be good to stay friends
maybe go have coffee
like we always did before
but I can tell
those times are at an end
and those days are gone
forevermore

so much to do
business is, as they say, really booming
it's supply and demand
and you do what you must do
I'd like to tell you
that my life is improving
but looking at my clothes
I guess you know it's not true
still, it might be good to stay friends
maybe grab a beer
at that brewery next door
but we won't ask those questions
confirming where or when
those days are gone 
forevermore

send me a text
let me know you're still living
yeah, time moves on
with new spaces left to fill
I send my best
have fun there in the city
you say we'll see each other 
but I know we never will
still, it might be good to stay friends
we could meet for a bite
at that place by the store
sometimes people vanish
in the wind
and you just move on
those days are gone
forevermore


No comments:

Post a Comment