Wednesday, October 7, 2020

my secret world (rewrite 1)

 

no one knows me where I live/ people come and go/ strangers passing by/ neighbors I don't know/ I live here among them all/ they don't notice me/ they have no idea/ inside my apartment I see/ my secret world/ my secret world/ my secret world/ where I can be me

no one knows me where I work/ the cubicle's my home/ here, I am a working stiff/ here, I'm on my own/ I am one of a sea of servants/ they don't notice me/ they don't know my mind's away/ as far as it can be/ in my secret world/ my secret world/ in my secret world/ that only I can see

(bridge) I would ask you to come inside/ like I know I should/but there's no place to take a ride/ inside this neighborhood

no one knows me anymore/ my friends have all forgotten me/ I look for a familiar face/ but not a friend do I see/ but that's okay, I'm staying here/ where all is safe and sound/ it's better to be by myself/ without others standing around/ in my secret world/ my secret world/ in my secret world/ where there is only me


No comments:

Post a Comment