Friday, November 27, 2020

I'm very thankful to be around family


Thanksgiving was a good day. I went to my brother's house and his wife and her mother made a wonderful meal. And for once, I didn't eat too much. I didn't have to feel that bloating feeling you get when you eat too much. It was sure tempting because everything was so good. 

That sounds very nice, farmboy. This being such a weird year and all, I'm just glad you didn't spend it by yourself, eating boxed macaroni and cheese.

We had real macaroni and cheese! It was all so great. The best thing, of course, is that I didn't have to spend it by myself. With COVID and everything, I really treasure being with people I love. I feel bad for everybody who was alone. It's hard to spend holidays alone. I know, I've done it. It's more than just a drag. It feels horrible, and I'm very thankful I got to be around family.

There's a lot to be thankful for this year. Everything seems more under control now that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were elected, and vaccines for COVID are finally in sight. I have few financial and health problems and I have a guitar and the ability to play music. And I have you to talk to.

Ah, shucks.

I'm serious. It really helps to have somebody to talk to. It means the world to me. 

So, this year...with everything that has gone wrong, it's really great to see the changes that, hopefully, will be happening. What a relief. I am very thankful for the changes, and for the holiday. It was a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment