Monday, November 23, 2020

nothing on my mind

 

nothing on my mind/ except the ones I leave behind/ innocent as the day you were born/ you'll be where I was/ if they ask you, just because/ is the answer that they will not ignore/ save me, friends, for I am lost/ the price I pay is worth the cost/ I will not be denied my existence/ this is how my life begins/ with the world learning how to spin/ I have nothing, if not persistence

nothing in my mind/ except the dreams I leave behind/ broken down and unfulfilled/ as I continue on/ I ask: where has hope gone?/ last time I looked, it was around here still/ there are visions yet to see/ but they will not come to me/ they lie around, unused/ I am standing on the street/ eyes downward in defeat/ it's no wonder I'm confused


No comments:

Post a Comment