Saturday, December 12, 2020

belong here (rewrite 1)

 

fear/ is my constant companion/ I try to abandon it/ but it won't go/ fear/ keeps me a prisoner/ I see no reason here/ nothing I should know/ but you/ tell me I'm brave/ but I cannot save/ myself any longer/ no matter where I hide/ the pain inside/ is stronger/ than I will ever be/ but I still can see/ that I belong here

love/ is a trespassing stranger/ I can sense the danger/ from where I stand/ love/ may not exist for me/ as far as i can see/ it's not part of the plan/ but you/ follow me into the night/ you believe I could be right/ you believe in me/ and you/ see who I am/ you understand/ that I am trying/ and there's no denying/ that I belong here

hope/ is all I've ever known/ it's my way back home/ when trouble surrounds me/ hope/ is all I've ever had/ it doesn't treat me as bad/ as the world around me/ and you/ you encourage my leaving/ I hope I break even/ in this game of living/ I hope before I pass/ that I'll find it at last/ my sins self-forgiven/ because no matter what I do/ when I look at you/ I know/ I belong here


No comments:

Post a Comment