Tuesday, December 8, 2020

footnote

 

in the book of your life/ I am just a footnote/ someone you once knew/ a long time ago/ I remember everything/ and you probably don't/ I've vanished into dust/ going wherever it may go/ spinning into circles/ forgotten by the wind/ hey, do you remember/ when I used to be your friend

I will not be read/ I am just a footnote/ meant to be ignored/ by everyone but me/ all of my words are/ stuck inside my throat/ I am like a ghost/ one that you can't see/ invisible as twilight/ dark blue up above/ hey, do you remember/ when I was someone you loved

(bridge) read the words/ consider the message/ you are the one/ who made all the wreckage

I will be forgotten/ I am just a footnote/ I'm someone who would answer/ when you called my name/ I know I am gone/ I guess that's all that she wrote/ I'm not saying you were wrong/ I'm saying you're the one to blame/ guilty as charged/ in the jury of my mind/ hey do you remember/ I was who you left behind

in the book of your life/ I am just a footnote/ someone you once knew/ a long, long time ago


No comments:

Post a Comment