Wednesday, December 30, 2020

footnote (rewrite 2)

 

in the book of your life/ I am just a footnote/ someone you once knew/ a long time ago/ I remember everything/ and probably you don't/ I've vanished into dust/ going wherever it may go/ spinning into circles/ forgotten by the wind/ do you remember/ when I used to be your friend

I will not be noticed/ I am just a footnote/ meant to be ignored/ by everyone but me/ all of my words are/ stuck inside my throat/ I am a ghost/ one you'll never see/ invisible as twilight/ in the winter sky above/ do you remember/ when I was someone you loved

(bridge) I am the one/ that you considered baggage/ you are the one/ who caused all the damage

I will be forgotten/ I am just a footnote/ someone who would answer/ when you called my name/ you told me that you cared I guess that was a misquote/ I'm not saying you were wrong/ but you're the one to blame/ guilty as charged/ judge and jury in my mind/ do you remember/ I'm the one you left behind

in your book of life/ I am just a footnote/ someone you once knew/ a long, long time ago


No comments:

Post a Comment