Sunday, March 14, 2021

handful of pills (rewrite 1)


I wake up every morning and take my meds/ a couple for my body/ the rest for my head/ which has voices inside it/ telling me how wrong I am/ I don't know what to do about it/ but I do the best I can

(chorus) oh Lord/ take care of me/ do just what you will/ my whole life comes down to/ a handful of pills

I wake up every morning and brush my teeth/ hoping the today's problems will cease/ but I still have to deal with all my hurt/ I've tried everything but nothing works

(chorus) oh Lord/ take care of me/ I've had my fill/ my whole life comes down to/ a handful of pills

give me a solution for my aching head/ one of these mornings I'm going to wake up dead/ and count the ways I learned for coping/ because, no matter what, I can't give up hoping

(chorus) oh Lord/ take care of me/ I'll take care of the bill/ my whole life comes down to/ a handful of pills


No comments:

Post a Comment