Tuesday, March 16, 2021

my story (rewrite 1)


nobody wants to hear my story

nobody wants to hear my voice

so I'll just keep it deep inside me
do I have another choice?
I'll just keep on talking
and keep on being ignored
why can't anybody see
I'm not who I was before

you know nothing about my story
you can't understand my words
you don't want to hear me talking
but I still need to be heard
you wish your ears heard silence
when my mouth begins to speak
you cover ears with both your hands
I am not the man you seek

you cannot stop my story
it echoes through my regretful past
the words spill onto countless pages
verbs and nouns, flags at half-mast
I think I'll just keep on talking
until somebody listens to me
all I have is my own story
someday it will set me free


No comments:

Post a Comment