Monday, March 15, 2021

my story


nobody wants to hear my story
nobody wants to her my voice
so I'll just keep it deep inside me
do I have any other choice?
I'll just keep on talking
and keep on being ignored
all I know is I can't stop thinking
I'm not who I was before

you know nothing about my story
you can't understand my words
you don't want to hear me talking
but I still need to be heard
you wish your ears heard silence
when you see my mouth begin to speak
you cover your ears with your hand
I am not what you seek

you cannot stop my story
it echoes through my troubled past
the words spill onto countless pages
verbs and nouns are flags at half-mast
I think I'll just keep on talking
until somebody listens to me
all I have is my own story
someday it will set me free


No comments:

Post a Comment