Tuesday, July 13, 2021

heavy lifting


you don't have to worry
you don't have to be afraid
you don't have to feel sorry
for the choices you have made
I am here to lean on
if you ever feel dismayed
I will do the heavy lifting

if you need somebody strong
if you need a friend
if you feel you're running short
and your race is at an end
I'll be here to help you
time and time again
I will do the heavy lifting

          and when you want somebody
          to hold you tight
          throughout the long
          dark and endless night
          I will be there 
          I'll always be in sight
          you can count on me

no matter what happens
no matter what you see
I know that you
know the way to be free
if you're ever in trouble
you can call on me
I will do the heavy lifting


No comments:

Post a Comment