Thursday, July 15, 2021

Hollywood I'm on my Way


nothing is going the way it should
I wish it would
be something good
something in the neighborhood
of untold fortune and fame
I'm sick and tired of all this drama
call my mama
an oxford comma
I would be the Dalai Lama
if it would make well known my name

          I need exposure
          I need my name up in lights
          it's my composure
          that gets me through the night
          I say yes and no sir
          I'm always so polite
          but that's what it takes to get me through
          Hollywood I'm on my way
          and I'm heading for you

all I need is one little chance
I can do a dance
a brave romance
nothing left to circumstance
is what I hope to find
I could be a superstar
hang out in bars
and fancy cars
all this scuffling leaves a scar
but I pay it never mind

          I need exposure
          satisfy my every need
          everything's kosher
          I'm one of a tough breed
          I'm moving closer
          I'm at my chosen speed
          but that's why I do
          what I must do
          Hollywood I'm on my way
          and I'm heading for you


No comments:

Post a Comment