Sunday, April 24, 2022

every day I go out walking


every day I go out walking
exactly like I'm supposed to do
one step after another
with holes in both my shoes
but I never see
what's in front of me
for me it's just a chore
but once in a while I think
there must be something more

I never see the sunshine
or the flowers or the trees
my mind is lost complaining
or living in fantasy
I never feel the weather
even though it's crystal clear
all I want to do is be
some place other than here

I feel every footstep
I try to do my best
although all I really need
is an afternoon of rest
maybe I should pretend
I'm in the great unknown
but I never feel better
until I'm safely home

but still I keep on walking
like a dog without a leash
though I'd rather be out lying
on a big towel on the beach
but walking is good for me
and for my body, too
take it from one who knows
that walking's good for you


No comments:

Post a Comment