Tuesday, April 5, 2022

flyover states


I was driving through the flyover states
when I made my biggest mistake
in feeling I maybe could trust you
walking down a lonely avenue
you know me, I'm shy and scared
and always somewhat unprepared
all through it, I was so aware
of you

I was driving through the flyover states
I took the time to appreciate
all that life had laid before me
usually life tries to ignore me
you know me, I've been waiting so long
trying to weigh the right from wrong
I always end up where I belong
with you

          now there's no denying
          whatever I do
          I'm going to keep on trying
          though something inside me is dying
          and I don't know what it is

I was driving through the crossover states
thinking I have what it takes
to make it through this world of woe
you have told me where to go
you know me, I'm hurting inside
regretting all the times I've tried
to find the love that I can't hide
from you


No comments:

Post a Comment