Wednesday, April 6, 2022

help me, someone


I didn't mean to get addicted
but something happened and I did
I tried to shake it off my back
but every time I slid back in
now I've surrendered to it
this is my life from now on
I was testing trouble and I knew it
now I don't have the strength to go beyond

          help me, someone
          I'm right here
          my problems do not
          disappear
          the ending has come very near
          and I don't know what I'm doing

I started many years ago
it looked like fun, and that's what I wanted
I didn't think it would come to this
but now my feeble brain is haunted
I can't move east and I can't go south
I can only stand in one place
unheard prayers come from my mouth
emotions somehow unerased

          help me, someone
          here I am
          I'd help myself
          but I don't think I can
          there's so much I don't understand
          and I don't know what I'm doing

so please don't follow in my steps
don't go the way I'm moving
I could work the whole damn day
but nothing seems to be improving
I'll go back to what I do
my God-forsaken crime
this is all I have tio choose
I've left myself behind

          help me, someone
          I'm on bended knee
          I can't believe what's happening
          is happening to me
          I try to do the best I can'
          now it's too dark to see
          and I don't know what I'm doing


No comments:

Post a Comment