Saturday, January 7, 2023

clean house


it's time to clean house
the one in my mind
heaven only knows
just what I will find
there's dust in the corners
there's dirt on the floor
it's become such a mess
it's hard to ignore

I see I have cobwebs
where hope used to be
I see I have bitterness
inside of me
I must get to cleaning
a pail and a mop
but it just gets messier
and it just won't stop

so I will use elbow grease
scrub as hard as I can
why it doesn't get cleaner
I don't understand
maybe I need a doctor
maybe I need a shrink
maybe I just need
a little silence to think

but still I keep cleaning
that's all I can do
but how do you get rid of
the pain inside you?
it's all needless rubbish
that I should leave behind
it's time to clean house
and save what is mine


No comments:

Post a Comment