Wednesday, January 11, 2023

talking to strangers


I have spent my life
talking to strangers 
at bus stops and street lights
grocery stores and bars
some people have told me
that I am in danger
of making conversation
wherever they are

I'm a shy person
I don't have many friends
so I talk to people
I never will know
about weather and traffic
and we always pretend
everything is all right
in this world that we know

they make me feel good
these friendly encounters
like we're all related
because we're all human beings
where you're completely alone
it seems like a downer
a future alone
is not something I'm believing

so I will go on
talking to strangers
enjoying the moments
wherever I roam
hearing the voices
of the ones who won't stay here
wherever I am
I still feel at home


No comments:

Post a Comment