Tuesday, January 31, 2023

one thought at a time


I need to only think
one thought at a time
I may not be a smart man
but I ain't a dunce
my problem is simple
my problem is I'm
prone to be thinking
all my thoughts at once

          this and that,
          they hurt my brain
          and all my thoughts
          are to blame

I'm working overtime
my thoughts are scattered
I cannot focus long enough
to really see
concentration
is all that matters
instead of this mess
inside of me

          there's no reason
          there's no rhyme
          there's too much happening
          at the same time

tomorrow's a new day
for starting again
maybe I'll meditate
maybe that'll help
maybe I'll try
my best to fit in
confused and condemned
I can't help myself

          give me a reason
          for the pain that is mine
          I just need to think
          one thought at a time

   

No comments:

Post a Comment