Sunday, December 17, 2023

Afterthought

 Do you recognize me/ I used to belong to you/ once upon a time/ but now that time is through/ can you remember me/ do you think of me sometimes/ or am I a careless memory/ that you left behind/ I know I still think of you/ more often than not/ I am just an afterthought

I am not invisible/ I am here before your eyes/ why does my appearance/ come as a surprise/ I know you've forgotten me/ I am not on your mind/ I am just somebody/ that you can't even find/ I know this is impossible/ I thought I'd give you one last shot/ I am just an afterthought

I will not cross your mind again/ your heart will not recall/ our history together/ you don't think of me at all/ sometime in the future/ save a thought for me/ I know I'm in there somewhere/ inside your memory/ when I start thinking about you/ that's when I get caught/ I am just an afterthought


No comments:

Post a Comment