Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I'll show you!


Hey, man, I need your help. I'm teaching a class in the uses of fiction in songwriting and I have to write some kind of little blurb for the class.

So what's stopping you, farmboy? You're a writer. Just write it now. I dare you.

You fuckin' son-of-a-bitch, I'll show you!

(farmboy storms off and sits at the computer. He begins typing.)

The uses of fiction in songwriting

Combining imagination and intuition with the tools of writing narrative fiction is the focus of this class, taught by local songwriter farmboy. The class will explore writing in the voices of others, character techniques, dialogue, and plot development as well as melody, rhythm, and chord progressions. farmboy will also discuss the uses of fictional songwriting and how to trust the voices inside yourself.

(farmboy comes back in and hands what he has written to the interviewer.)

Whaddya think?

This looks good, farmboy. I think you're off to a good start and you don't need my help after all.

Well, not now. You already helped me by being an asshole. (laughs)

I know.

(farmboy speaks under his breath.)

Motherfuckin' son-of-a-Republican-bitch…


No comments:

Post a Comment