Monday, March 17, 2014

Not one of those real holidays


Hey, man, how you be? World treating you okay?

The world is treating me just fine today, farmboy. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you.

Yeah, you too. I like St. Patrick's Day okay, you know, but it's not one of those real holidays. It's not a holiday where you get a day off. That's what makes a holiday to me. It's not really an actual holiday unless I can sleep late and not have to go to the fuckin' job, you know what I mean?

I think I do.

I mean, there's a bunch of these days: Valentine's Day, Cinco de Mayo, Halloween, Groundhog Day, Mother's and Father's Day. Gimme a fuckin' day off and we'll talk. 

What about food? Music? Culture?

Well, yeah, I like Irish music. I like Mexican food. There are many great bluegrass songs about Mother and Father. Just listen to the Stanley Brothers.

But mostly for me, it's the day off. Sorry.

Fair enough.

I do like corned beef and cabbage, though…


No comments:

Post a Comment