Friday, March 7, 2014

Remember to have a good time


I gotta perform tonight at the coffeehouse. They had a cancellation and I was asked to fill in.

Great, farmboy, I'm glad to hear that you're playing out.

Yeah, but I ain't got no idea of what I'm gonna play. I'm so fuckin' tired of many of my songs and I'm afraid people have heard them too many times. But, hey, tonight's really only about a half an hour…

Which is what -- nine or ten songs?

No, more like five or six. I guess the main thing is that I'm entertaining and people have a good time, despite the seriousness of so much of my material. I mean, you know, I balance it out with happy songs and some up-tempo stuff and I can even tell a few jokes if I have to. 

So you sound like it's all going to go well, farmboy.

Man, I'm hoping so. I love having good performances. I just gotta remember to have a good time and I just gotta try to not be nervous. 

You can do that, easy.

Yeah, I can do that. My mind seems to be in a okay place today and that'll help me. Plus it's the weekend and I can come home and drink coffee and smoke weed. All is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment