Saturday, November 15, 2014

Standing ovation


Hey, man. I did the taping for that radio show I told you about.

The one that's syndicated nationally? How did it go?

Pretty good. I made some bum notes on guitar and that pissed me off. It also pisses me off that I have such a hard time tuning on stage. But I'm thinking that it may be the way I'm turning my left wrist when I'm making the chords. I'm fuckin' learning, you know. I've spent my whole life learning. 

How did the interview go, farmboy?

Better than I expected. I loved talking about the other musicians, the ones that influenced me. I had to pick four recordings, which are going to be edited into the show.

Really? That's interesting. What did you pick?

Ummmm…John Prine, Mississippi John Hurt, Emmylou Harris singing a Gram Parsons song, and Cowboy Junkies.

What Cowboy Junkies song?

"Sun Comes Up, It's Tuesday Morning."

Nice choice.

I thought so.

When do I get to hear the show, farmboy?

February of next year.

I look forward to hearing it.

Oh yeah…one more thing.

Yes, farmboy?

I got a standing ovation.

Seriously?

Yeah.

How did that make you feel?

Well, it was great, of course. But also hard to accept.

That doesn't surprise me.

Yeah. It doesn't surprise me either. But I'm working on it, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment