Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I would explode, I'm sure


How's everything going, farmboy? Has the world been treating you well?

In some ways yes, some ways no. I haven't been telling you much about the saga of my truck because I'm so fuckin' tired of thinking about it and talking about it. It can become your whole identity to some people, which I know sounds weird…

Not really. I had an illness for a while and it seemed like that was the only subject anybody would talk to me about. And it was the one subject I didn't want to talk about.

Yeah, that's it! I once had an accident -- I was walking and got hit by a car -- and the whole time I was laid up that was the only fuckin' thing that mattered to a lot of people. And, I mean, I can see why but, man, I fuckin' hated it. 

So let's talk about something else.

All right. So what's going right?

Ummmm…for once I'm okay financially. Not great, but I ain't hurting as much as I usually do. Music is going well. And I'm still reliving that great standing ovation I got last Friday. And also the reason I'm doing okay financially is because of music.

That should make you feel good, eh, farmboy?

Oh, yeah, it does. Really, I am so thankful that I'm a musician and a songwriter. Getting paid is just gravy, you know? The actual making and creating of music is always the main thing. 

You're a very fortunate fella in that respect.

You're telling me. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have music. I'd probably be a fuckin' serial killer or something. I would explode, I'm sure, because of the mass of all those feelings that get held in. 

Music is pretty wonderful in that respect, farmboy.

Hey, I think music is pretty wonderful in all respects, man. And I get to be part of it! Pretty fuckin' cool, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment