Monday, January 19, 2015

A genius, whatever that is


So, farmboy, what music have you been listening to lately? As I remember, you were going to start listening to music on a regular basis.

Yeah, it's been weird, man. Ever since I got that viral infection I haven't been wanting to listen to much. I just listen to podcasts, you know, talk talk talk. Either that or silence. There was this one night, when I was at my viral-worst, I was just fuckin' drinking in the silence. It was coming in waves. I was miserable, but that was enjoyable as hell.

But I get some things, you know. Today I heard a track from the new Bob Dylan album of Frank Sinatra covers.

I heard about that. How was it?

Not bad. Beautiful pedal steel playing, nice arrangement. It all depends on how much you like Dylan's singing. It depends on the performance for me. Sometimes I like his singing, sometimes I go "Who is this guy?"

He definitely has his own style, I'll say that.

Ah, but he's a genius, whatever that is. So was Sinatra, who's singing I love, at least that stuff in the 50s and 60s.

I love those performances too.

Yeah. I'd like to hear his album of Bob Dylan covers.


No comments:

Post a Comment