Thursday, April 30, 2015

Blessedly uneventful


Hey, man, so what's going on? Been doing anything exciting?

Just the everyday pleasure of living, farmboy. How about yourself?

About  the same. Life seems to be blessedly uneventful, which is generally what I like. Going to work, coming home, living for the weekend. Been writing a lot. I've got a lot of stuff to look over to see if there's anything I want to work on next.

Any ideas? 

Ah, man, there's a zillion fuckin' ideas, you know? I'd like to learn how to play that fingerpicking African guitar. That's gonna take a lot of practice, but it might be doable because so much of it would be like learning bluegrass banjo rolls. It's really different from the Western style of playing. It's delicate and beautiful. It's fuckin' magical, man.

But then, I want to play banjo and write some piano songs and work on that ragtime/blues guitar style. But I've never been good at dictating what direction of music I'm going to follow. I mainly follow instincts a lot. That's what I've learned.

Plus, you know, I think about writing essays and stories and sometimes I want to try to see what I can express in visual art. I'm way more hearing-oriented.

Sounds exciting.

The only thing that's ever for sure, though, is that I'll always be writing songs. That will always be my number one priority.


Doesn't surprise me, farmboy.

Me neither, man. Not at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment