Thursday, April 9, 2015

The first golden era of podcasting


So today I listened to music, which I mention because listening to music is something I haven't been doing much of lately. 

Why haven't you been listening to music, farmboy? That seems a little strange to me. But I'm not a musician…

I don't know what it is. I mean, I play guitar, I sing. Those things feel good. But hardly any music, at least these past few weeks. So fuckin' weird, man. I just keep listening to people yakking away on podcasts.

There are a lot of good podcasts out there. Too many for me to keep up with, in fact.

I know! I think this is a great time for podcasting, because I feel like it's coming into its own. Do you know what I mean?

Umm…explain further, please.

This is, like, the first golden era of podcasting. All these stories, all these great audio journalists. Fuckin' amazing, man.

So, farmboy…what music did you listen to?

I Love You Honeybear by Father John Misty. Intriguing lyrics, very produced music but very produced with a purpose. Good voice, good melodies. I'm going to go see him perform on Memorial Day weekend.

Very good. I think it would be good for you to go out and see more shows.

It's looking for inspiration, man. It's the never-ending search. Live shows can be very inspirational. Music in general can be very inspirational.

So can podcasts.

Yeah, that seems to be where the best storytelling is going on, at least in my world. And that can be inspiring. And that can become songs. And that's what everything comes down to, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment