Sunday, April 5, 2015

Of resurrection, of rebirth


Hey, happy Easter, man.

Happy Easter yourself, farmboy. How are you spending this wonderful holiday?

I'm at home. I'm actually making an Easter dinner for myself. Nothing fancy, you know, but more than I normally make.

What are you having?

Baked chicken, roasted sweet peppers with carrots and onion, and brown rice. No dessert. Diet Pepsi, which is a real treat for me.

I like Easter. I like the whole spiritual thing of resurrection. I think it's fuckin' beautiful, man. Seriously.

I believe you, farmboy. I think it's beautiful, too,

Great minds think alike.

I like the idea of resurrection, of rebirth. What it means with Jesus, of course, but also as a metaphor for a whole mess of things in our lives. 

Sounds like a song lyric to me.

Well, if it isn't, then it damn well should be, you know? I don't know if I'm equipped to write it, if I've been through enough.

It would be interesting for you to try.

Yeah, yeah, I notice the "you" in there. Why don't you try writing it?

Because I'm not a songwriter. You're the songwriter, farmboy.

Well, okay, maybe someday I'll write what I can about birth and death and resurrection. But it damn well better have a good beat and I better be able to dance to it, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment