Wednesday, February 13, 2019

alive again


I finally deleted your number
I didn't know how I would feel
until I realized I couldn't call you
then it all suddenly became real
I couldn't have known
till I took you off the list
all of the good stuff
that I have missed
by believing you were my friend
but now I'm alive again

I should have known a long time ago
that you had no use for me
no matter what the future brings
it can't be how it used to be
I should have known
and now I finally do
that I have no need
for someone like you
yesterday's come to an end
because now I'm alive again

          I don't know what you're thinking
          but then again I never have
          all I know is my own mind
          and sometimes I just have to laugh

I finally deleted your number
I didn't know if I would
I had no idea
that the end would feel so good
I'm walking away
and you're staying behind
in some corner inside
the very back of my mind
no longer a need to pretend
now I'm alive again
now I'm alive again


No comments:

Post a Comment