Sunday, February 17, 2019

firecrackers


there's a million firecrackers
going off in my brain
at the same time
so I take in mind these factors
as I take those tiny pills
that I'm prescribed
I hate being conflicted
but I don't want to be addicted
to the medicine
that's supposed to be the cure
or at least maybe I can win some
of these battles with my symptoms
but I never can be sure

there's a million firecrackers
exploding in my mind
every minute
I can hear their candy wrappers
as they fuel themselves
to go the limit
they're up to their old tricks
so, I guess you'd say, I need a fix
but it's legal and I need
a double dose
and I know I shouldn't do it
but my brain's pushing me to it
I ain't done it yet
but I'm mighty close

there's a million firecrackers
going off in my head 
what am I going to do
a nuclear reactor
might cure me instead
but I don't have a clue
I might try weed 
or meditation
there must be some way
out of this situation
without fucking up
and making it worse
I know I should be choosing
is it winning or losing
is it a blessing or a curse

there's a million firecrackers
going off in my brain
at the same time


No comments:

Post a Comment