Tuesday, February 5, 2019

eggshells (rewrite one)


no wolf at my front door
no monster under the bed
no stranger in the shower
still I am filled with dread
there's nothing to be afraid of
far as the eye can see
so why am I waking on eggshells
when there's no one here but me

the news is what it always is
the world's gone to hell
business is filled with bastards
out for only themselves 
my home should be my safe place
you'd think that's how it would be
so why am I walking on eggshells
when there's no one here but me

          someone once put
          these words in my brain
          "keep your friends close
          but keep your enemies closer
          it's easy when they're
          one and the same
          but it's an emotional 
          roller coaster

there's no excuse for self-pity
no reason to be pissed
call suicide prevention
but first call my therapist
I need some intervention
to keep myself away from me
please, can you answer my question
when I look around I see
that I'm always walking on eggshells
when there's no one here but me


No comments:

Post a Comment