Thursday, August 15, 2019

reason


I'm looking for a reason to keep hoping
can you help me, please
I promise I'll keep my mind wide open
in spite of this disease
I am not dead
I take my meds
each capsule that's prescribed
I see my doctor
but it's not a shock
sadness takes me by surprise

I need a reason to stay alive
can you be of service
life likes to cut me down to size
no wonder I'm so nervous
hand me that jar
from the local bar
I'll drink whatever's in it
I need a new start
come kickstart my heart
I need right now to begin it

I'm looking for a reason to stay awake
right now I'm ripe for sleeping
hand me those pills, for goodness' sake
I'll save them for safekeeping
I don't know what to do
can you help me through
can you help settle me down
maybe it's better
if we're not together
you don't need me hanging around
you don't need me hanging around

I'm looking for a reason to keep hoping
can you help me, please


No comments:

Post a Comment