Monday, August 5, 2019

yes in a world of no (rewrite)


I learned in catechism 
that God was everywhere
so I looked under the sofa
but I didn't see nobody there
but still I keep on the lookout
everywhere I go
just like I keep on searching
for a yes in a world of no

every morning I rise from bed
to face a brand new day
working this boring factory job
for my measly weekly pay
money comes in
money goes out
never to overflow
still I keep working 
for a yes in a world of no

amid life's trials and troubles
I've tried to bravely push through
sometimes I'm understanding
but mostly I'm mainly confused
everyday I work the daily grind
with nothing left to show
except this foolish undying hope
for a yes in a world of no

now the years are speeding by me
I cannot stop to rest
I hope there's satisfaction
in knowing I did my best
but there's one thing I'm sure of
when it comes my time to go
I'll leave this life in search of
a yes in a world of no


No comments:

Post a Comment