Friday, December 27, 2019

I am very grateful


How was your Christmas? Did you have fun?

It was very nice, farmboy. Thank you for asking. How was your Christmas?\

It was very good. It was very mellow and there weren't any problems. Christmas dinner was fun -- it was lasagna, which I love -- and the company was good. The presents were good, too, but for some reason I'm uncomfortable with the gifts. In feel like it's always been the number one thing during this time of year, and it shouldn't. It should be an extra. But let's not go there.

I am very grateful. I know that there have been years when Christmas has had a great deal of sadness surrounding it. It's so hard, in a way; there's always expectations and hurt feelings and stuff you can't really plan for, like getting snowed in for Christmas Day and not seeing another human being.

Yes, I remember when that happened. That was terrible. You were filled with rage and bitterness for over a week.

Nine days, to be exact. 

But this year wasn't like that. There were plenty of opportunities for triggers, believe me. I got a couple of sources of really fuckin' bad news right before Christmas, but that didn't ruin it for me. I kinda just went along for Christmas this year, and it worked out fine.

Are you sad that it's over, farmboy?

A little bit. I always feel sad when Christmas is over and everything is back to normal. I like all the lights and playing Christmas carols on the guitar, like I've done since I was a teenager. That's my private holiday tradition. That and eating tamales.

So it's been a good Christmas and I am very thankful. It's been mellow, and that's getting to be the way I like it. Very few hassles, good food, people around. I love Christmas. I'm so glad it was a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment