Wednesday, December 4, 2019

ocean


I miss the ocean
it was once my front yard
right at the end of my street
it was not long
it was not hard
I would walk there every night
when I was younger
hoping it would cure
this existential hunger
and sometimes it did
other times it hid
but it was never far away from me

I grew up by the ocean
it was once my true home
the water mixed with the blood in my veins
within it
I was never alone
but I moved far away
I didn't see it for years
but it was always with me
inside my heart
right here
and often it was
why?
just because
but it was never far away from me

I miss the ocean
I'll see it again someday
when the stench of discouragement
is far, far away
and I know what will happen
I know what I'll do
I'll walk to the shoreline
and take off my shoes
and walk in the water
be at home with the sea
it was never far away from me


No comments:

Post a Comment