Monday, December 23, 2019

It's what I do best


So Christmastime is here and I'm trying to not get all stressed out. I'm cleaning my apartment because the apartment people will be checking my smoke detectors and the place is a total mess. I got a letter informing me that my therapist may no longer be my therapist. Christmas dinner is turning into an unnecessary hassle, and my prescription for Klonopin is late. It's all stuff that will get worked out, but, man, the fuckin' timing of this shit, I don't know.

The phrase "it's all stuff that will get worked out" is the most important part about what you just said, farmboy. Your apartment will get clean, Christmas dinner will happen, and you'll get your meds. Don't worry. You've been worrying a lot this Christmas.

It's what I do best. I've had lots of practice. And speaking about practicing, when am I supposed to practice, huh? 

It's two days before Christmas! Give yourself a break! 

Seriously, farmboy, you've got to be good to yourself. You worry about everything, you put pressure on yourself for everything. These next few days, do what you need to do but take some time for yourself. It will all get done. You don't have to have your apartment clean until after New Year's. I'm not saying that you should put off cleaning, I'm just saying you don't need to do it all at once.

I still have to wrap presents. Time is moving fast!

So wrap the presents in the next couple of days. You'll be fine. Take a Klonopin.

I don't have the new prescription yet.

When do you get it?

Tomorrow.

Do you still have any?

A couple.

Take one later if this feeling continues. There's no need to be all stressed out. It will all be okay. Really.

I hope you're right, because I really do love this time of year. I like playing the songs and seeing my family. And at least it doesn't look like I'm gonna be snowed in this year. It was terrible when that happened a couple years ago.

It's all going to be good, farmboy. You're going to have a good day and you'll take care of things. 

I really hope you're right, man. All this stress, all this worrying, all the bad news, all the bad luck...I need a fuckin' break. I need to be able to breathe freely. I can't do all this worrying anymore. I just can't.


No comments:

Post a Comment