Tuesday, January 14, 2020

'cause tomorrow


I was standing on the corner
waiting for a change of scenery
when I saw something happening
someone was being mean to me
I said "Hey man, what's your problem
don't you know this is my space
he just looked at me and shouted
"Go back to the human race"
I felt disgraced
I felt like everything I've done has been in vain
but I can't complain
'cause tomorrow I will do it all again

I was drinking low rent vodka
from a big red solo cup
I had filled it to the brim
but somehow that was not enough
I said "Hey man, give me something
that will ease my worried mind"
he just handed me a quarter
and a week-old New York Times
I changed my mind
I wanted things the way that were back then
I just can't win
but tomorrow I will do it all again

I was hearing sounds of freedom
but I couldn't sing along
I didn't know the melody
or lyrics to the song
but I have made my mind up
that I'm going to reappear
as soon as I can figure out
someway out of here
I think it's near
I feel all I really need is just a friend
or next of kin
and tomorrow I will do it all again


No comments:

Post a Comment