Tuesday, January 7, 2020

self pity song


I don't need any more challenges
I need something to go right
I need a fuckin' break
but I don't see one in sight
everywhere I look I see
obstacles in front of me
can't somebody set me free
from this lost and lonely night

why does everything go wrong
every single day
everything keeps fuckin' up
no matter what I say
everyday I get the blues
a bushel load of more bad news
what seems to work's
not mine to choose
that seems to be my way

why is self pity
the only thing I write
everyday's the same to me
it's there in black and white
I'm feeling sorry for myself
because I am not someone else
is there anybody who can help
or are you hiding from plain sight
it's 1 p.m. and I'm saying good night
I believe I've given up the fight
against all this trouble and sorrow
all I can say is
see you tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment