Wednesday, January 15, 2020

worry


all I do is worry
at worrying I'm the best
I can outworry anybody
go ahead
put me to the test
I look into the future
from my inner crystal ball
and what I see within it
it can make your skin just crawl
but still I keep on worrying
like it's all that I can do
I worry that all my worrying
will someday become true

you can watch me worry
I'll be running all around
a regular chicken little
screaming "the sky is falling down"
like it's gonna solve my problems
like it's gonna make me safe
like it's the truth and nothing else
that is my mistake
but I keep on worrying
like it's going to help somehow
I'd put it off until tomorrow
but my mind is screaming "right now"
I worry that worrying
is all that I allow

if I take a deep breath
maybe if I meditate
maybe call my therapist
I pray it's not too late
'cause my worrying is troubling 
it makes my life a mess
with every doubting state of mind
and no instead of yes
but still I keep on worrying
what am I to do?
maybe I'll redirect my worrying
and worry about you


No comments:

Post a Comment