Tuesday, August 18, 2020

sky

 

how can I get any work done/when I know the sky is going to fall/it's a million to one/but it's always time to end it all/and by that, I mean/it's not going to end/but somehow my mind/likes to pretend/at those times, it is not my friend/it's lying to my face

just how can I relax/when I know the sky is going to crash/with lightning striking me/burning all my embers to ash/and by that, I mean/my brain keeps thinking uncertain thoughts/like I could be/an astronaut/all I know/is what I want/I won't take second place

(bridge) I know I will not find/peace of mind/if I'm inclined to weep/I only do/the best I can/I pray the Lord/my soul to keep

how can I enjoy myself/when I know the sky is going to crumble/I go outside and I/find a way to somehow stumble/and by that, I mean/the sky ain't really/falling down/look/everything is still around/you mind is what's making that sound/it's lying to your face

how can I get any work done/when I know the sky is going to fall


No comments:

Post a Comment