Saturday, August 22, 2020

The Great Depression


Well, it looks like the Great Depression has finally passed, at least until the next Great Depression. It's so fuckin' hard, being a depressed person. It's like mental illness is right there, just waiting to pounce on you. It's fuckin' vicious, I tell you.

It was rough, was it, farmboy? 

Fuckin' unbelievable, man. It took apart every trace of my self esteem, made me doubt the parts of myself that are undeniable.

Like what?

Music. This depression made me doubt if I could write songs. I actually quit writing, for the first time in my life. I kept playing guitar, which amazes me. Everything was gone, all the stuff that I regularly work on. I quit writing, I quit walking, I quit exercising, I mean, I quit almost everything.

Have you started doing things again, farmboy?

Yeah, but it's been tough. Walking is like, let me walk one side of one block. I'm out of the apartment, getting some sunshine. That's a major win. I started eating fruits and vegetables again, I started writing again. That's very major, considering where I was. It was fuckin' rough, but I think I'm, like, 95% out of it. Wait...really, like, 75% or something.

Anyway, I'm moving in the right direction. That's what fuckin' counts, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment