Thursday, August 20, 2020

sleeping by my side


I got trouble/sleeping by my side/keeping me awake/telling me to run and hide/but I just lie in bed/and take it all in stride/I don't have to worry/like I used to worry/no, I don't have to worry, that's for sure 

I got trouble/looking out my back door/in a new-fangled way/that it's never looked before/when it comes to peace of mind/I just want more and more/and I don't have to be scared/I just need to stay aware/no, I don't have to be scared, that's for sure

(bridge) all those days I used to be/afraid of myself/now I look in the mirror and all I see/is only myself

I got trouble/but I know it's bound to end/I don't have to choose it/I don't have to pretend/'cause it's on its way/I'll never see it again/I don't have to be sad/now life ain't so bad/no,I don't have to be sad, that's for sure

I got trouble/sleeping by my side/keeping me awake/telling me to run and hide/but I just lie in bed/and take it all in stride/I don't have to worry/like I used to worry/no, I don't have to worry, that's for sure/I don't have to worry/anymore


No comments:

Post a Comment