Thursday, February 4, 2021

gentle warrior (for Anne Feeney)

 

gentle warrior/ your work is all done/ you gave us your finest/ you fought for the good/ gentle warrior/ your worries are over/ you did what you could/ you have given us more/ than we can ever repay/ your life may have ended/ but you haven't gone away

gentle warrior/ I remember your spirit/ you eased us with humor/ in all that you do/ gentle warrior/ you stood for the beliefs/ you felt in your soul/ with the power inside you/ you gave me your friendship/ you paved the way/ for the long road/ we are walking today

(chorus) gentle warrior/ gentle warrior/ you are with us every day/ gentle warrior/ gentle warrior/ mkay light guide you on your way

gentle warrior/ you taught us so much/ you were such a blessing/ in a world that's so rough/ gentle warrior/ I know what you'd be thinking/ all I can do/ is never enough/ I will keep your example/ down deep in my heart/ no about of trouble/ can keep us apart

(chorus) gentle warrior/ gentle warrior/ you are with me every day/ gentle warrior/ gentle warrior/ you will never go away

 

No comments:

Post a Comment