Sunday, February 14, 2021

we both got old, Ohio (rewrite 1)

 

we both got old, Ohio/ you with your fields of green/ fading in the sun/ me and my hopeless dreams/ where are we to go now/ where do we belong/ I never understood/ everything that went wrong/ Ohio/ still we keep pushing on

you knew me when I was young, Ohio/ you became my every step/ still, with all my dreaming/ nothing has happened yet/ what happens to shattered plans/ do they go somewhere to die/ still with every passing day/ I give it one more try/ Ohio/ now it's our turn to cry

(bridge) leaves fall/ colors fade/ we live our lives/ alone and afraid

we both got old, Ohio/ many folks have moved away/ the bright lights of the city calls/ from many miles away/ I remember springtime/ I remember being a child/ where life took its sweet time/ where daydreams would run wild/ Ohio/ you still can make me smile


No comments:

Post a Comment