Friday, February 26, 2021

yesterday's clothes (rewrite)

 

last night I felt the sting of white powder up my nose/ I woke this morning wearing yesterday's clothes/ I may smell like an ashtray of beer-soaked cigarettes/ but last night I found myself a chance to forget

last night was my birthday and I just turned seventeen/ you see my attitude in the holes of my jeans/ my mother doesn't say much/ my father's gone away/ and I could use some medicine to get me through today

I need to do this again/ I need to do this again/ I found me a new best friend

last night I had a good time/ a party all by myself/ it gave me permission to be somebody else/ it gave me permission to be a kid at play/ and I was not the failure you're looking at today

last night I could do anything/ anything I wanted/ I did not feel/ that this house was haunted/ I did not feel that the walls were closing in/ I felt a loser like myself could win

I need to do this again/ I need to do this again/ I found me a new best friend 

last night I had a good time/ I want to feel it more/ I got some money from the 7-11 store/ here's your opportunity to whet my appetite/ do you have any more of what you had last night?

last night I felt the sting of white powder up my nose/ I woke this morning wearing yesterday's clothes 


No comments:

Post a Comment